HTC’s latest flagship smartphone the HTC 10 has been officially announced today. The highly anticipated device contain top level specifications and features. It has the potential to make up for HTC‘s previous disappointing flagships. So far the HTC 10 has been rapidly gaining popularity, and now that it has finally unveiled people have high hopes set on the device. Here we are going to discuss all of the specifications and design features of the latest smartphone.
HTC 10 Specifications:
- Display: 5.2-inch Quad HD LCD.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset for the USA, different Qualcomm chipsets in other areas.
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 32GB and 64 GB storage options, microSD card slot (supports upto 2TB).
- Camera: 12 UltraPixel dual rear camera with 1.55um pixels and f/1.8 aperture,laser autofocus, OIS, RAW, 4K video recording, 12X slow-mo mode, hyper lapse, Pro camera mode. 5MP front camera with ultrawide lens, 1.34um pixels, f/1.8 aperture, OIS.
- Speakers: Two BoomSound speakers with Dolby Audio, 3 Noise cancelling microphones.
- Battery: 3,000mAh.
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with HTC Sense 8 UI.
- Other Features: A Fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C.
- Colors: Carbon Grey, Glacier Silver, Topaz Gold, Camelia Red.
Rumours about the HTC 10’s design were correct. The smartphone has a full metal body. The front glass panel joins with the metal. The back of the device is chamfered, and this adds character to the beautiful device. There are also reports that the 10’s body is quite sturdy. The company claims that the device has undergone rigorous durability and temperature test.
There are two signature BoomSound speakers in the device. The speakers have a woofer at the bottom that is responsible for low frequencies. A tweeter that conveys the rest of the audio spectrum is located on the top of the device. It also has improved headphone amplifier.
Other features include a fingerprint scanner which is located in the physical button on the front of the device. The scanner is an adaptive one, it will unlock the HTC faster the more you use it. The 3,000mAH battery is claimed to be fast charging. Reportedly the battery will charge 50% in only 30 minutes.
The camera of this year’s HTC flagship is expected to be a good one. There are two 12 UltraPixel rear cameras with 1.55um pixels and f/1.8 aperture,laser autofocus, OIS, RAW, 4K video recording, 12X slow-mo mode, hyper lapse, Pro camera mode. The front camera of the device is 5MP with an ultrawide lens, 1.34um pixels, f/1.8 aperture, OIS.
It will come with the HT Sense 8 UI, Android 6.0 Marshmallow pre-installed. HTC 10 is powered by Qualcomm’s chipsets. In the USA, HTC 10 will be powered by the Snapdragon 820, but in other regions, a lower-end chipset will be used. The smartphone will come with 4GB of RAM and two storage options; 32GB and 64GB. micro SD card up to 2TB is supported. The HTC is expected to cost around $699. It will available on Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile. You will be able to buy an unlocked HTC 10 in Glacier Silver or Carbon Gray colors from the company’s official website. Pre-orders have already begun, the device is expected to ship in early May.