Sony introduced its new Xperia X series at MWC 2016 replacing its popular Xperia Z series which was expected to add up a new member for this season. Though we will not be getting a new Xperia Z device anymore, Sony is still determined to give its users an upgraded feel with the software update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
In a fresh move, Sony started rolling out Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to its DoCoMo subscribers of Xperia Z5, Xperia Z5 Compact and Xperia Z5 Premium in Japan. The updates are yet limited to DoCoMo backed Xperia Z5 trio in Japan, but users on other carriers and regions and also those with unlocked units are expected to get Marshmallow update soon.
Sony has released some detailed screenshots suggesting the key changes which the Xperia Z5 users are set to receive with the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update. Here is the complete changelog of Marshmallow update for the DoCoMo Xperia Z5 devices.
- New animation options for home screen scrolling.
- Improved search for apps.
- Longer vibration option; you can now set vibration from 15 minutes to indefinitely.
- Quick settings shades now contain a toggle for DND.
- Sony’s Japanese IME, the POBox Plus is now added up for Xperia Z5 devices.
- New option added to delete screenshot taken from the notification shade.
- First camera app interface upgraded for Japanese units.
- Album app now contains rotate image options making it easier to rotate images.
- Upgrade for Lifelog app.
- The movie creator app has got a new image selector replacing Android standard selector.
- Music app contains a new podcast widget.
- New help button in the Video app menu for troubleshooting.
- The dialer has been improved with filtering and refreshed add contacts option.
- The famous Doze feature has already been included with STAMINA mode scheduled in April.
- App Standby is added to put apps into power saving mode after being inactive for 48 hours.