Why Should I Install CyanogenMod
The Android Operating System by Google is an open source project which offers an open environment to its users as compared to many others. But the Android versions provided by the smartphone operators are made restricted which limits the useful option that their users would possibly like to use. Therefore if you want to enhance your command on your operating system and also wants to get the amazing additional features than you need to opt for custom ROMS like CyanogenMod. It provides stability, security, customization, performance and also themes up your android device. There are also many developers tool which make you device ready for frrther improvements.
Prerequisites for installation of CyanogenMod
Before installing the CyanogenMod and getting the amazing features it offers, you need to look for a few things. First of all, as you decided for updates just back up you data over an external storage media. This will save you from possible data loose.
You should first check out if your device is listed among the supported device, it however don’t requires your device to be rooted. You will need a Windows PC and a USB cable to complete the installation process for CyanogenMod.
Don’t forget to charge your battery and disabling your anti-virus software while installing processes is running.
You can download the app from the Play Store.
Below we are going to tell you how to install CyanogonMod on different Android Devices. In this review we will consider following devices to install CyanogenMod on.
- Google Nexus Devices
- LG Optimus L9
- Galaxy S5
How to Install CyanogenMod on Google Nexus
As Google releases its latest updates of Android OS, the CyanogenMod developers bring their updated version of CyanogenMod custom ROM too. You can incorporate many new features and also increase the functions and customization of your Google Nexus devices by installing the CyanogenMod. This adds up features which you will not find on Google’s own released Android operating system.
Here we are presenting step by step procedure to install CyanogenMod on the Google Nexus 4. The installation process is simple which you can perform following these steps. However before going through installation just make sure a few pre-requisites.
First make sure that your Nexus model is listed among the supported smartphones. Also you need to backup your data and fully charge your device. Along with these also enable USB Debugging mode on your device.
1) Download the CyanogenMod ROM installation file along with the Google Apps package on your computer.
2) Now connect your Nexus phone with your Computer using a USB cable.
3) Now transfer both CyanogenMod installation files and Google Apps package to your smartphones external storage.
4) Boot your device into recovery mode by using the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously. You will see the Google logo on your screen.
5) In the recovery mode navigate to the factory reset option using the volume keys and wipe your device by performing Wipe cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache. As you are done, format the device.
6) Now from the CMW recovery, navigate and install the downloaded zip file from your SD card. After installing the ROM follow the same procedure for Google Apps.
7) After installing both files now navigate to the reboot option and reboot your Nexus device. And after a successful reboot you are done with CyanogenMod on your Nexus 4.
Install CyanogenMod on LG Optimus L9
CyanogenMod custom ROM is supported by many nice and features rich smartphones. LG Optimum L9 is also among the tree of major CyanogenMod supporting devices. By Replacing the stock Android on your LG Optimum L9 you can increase its performance and improve looks with amazing features of CyanogenMod.
Like other devices the CM installation process on the Optimum L9 is also simple using recovery mode. Therefore you can get the CyanogenMod on your Optimum L9 by following few steps.
1) check for all pre-requisites for installing CyanogenMod on your device. After ensuring this, go to the CyanogenMod official download page and Download the CM installation file in zip format, and don’t extract the zip file.
2) After downloading the installation file, connect your LG Optimum L9 to your PC viva USB cable and transfer the zip file into your smartphones SD card.
3) Now you can turn off your device and boot into ClockWorkMod i.e. the recovery mode, which works by pressing the Volume Down button, Menu and Power buttons simultaneously. Use volume buttons for navigation and menu button for selection.
4) In the recovery mode first make backup of your android and then wipe your data by navigating using the volume keys. Also wipe the cache if you don’t want to face memory shortage issues with installation process.
5) In the next step navigate through the interface and run your downloaded CM installation zip file from SD card and it will install the CyanogenMod on your device.
6) Now follow the same steps and flash the Google Apps file. As you are done, now reboot your device.
After successful reboot now your LG Optimum L9 is running CyanogenMod. You can feel the new features and tools along with certain changes made in your Android OS by CyanogenMod.
How to Install CyanogenMod on Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy devices are equipped with some great built-in features on their android OS. But still there is a wide room for further additions and improvements which you can attain through CyanogenMod custom ROM. This will open up new possibilities in using your Galaxy device.
If you are holding a Samsung Galaxy S5 you can install CyanogenMod using a custom recovery image, for instance the CWM recovery. Here we are presenting a step by step guide to assist you installing CyanogenMod on you Galaxy S5.
1) You need to get the CyanogenMod custom ROM file, which you can get from the official website of CyanogenMod. Download the file on your computer. CyanogenMod firmware don’t include Google Apps package therefore you also have to download it separately.
2) As you download the installation file in Zip format, don’t unzip it. Now connect your Galaxy to the PC using a right USB cable and follow the simple steps.
3) Transfer the downloaded CyanogenMod file and Google Apps package to the SD card of you Galaxy S5.
4) Disconnect your device from USB cable and power off you device.
5) Now on you Galaxy S5 enter into recovery mode.
6) On your device go to settings and select ‘wipe data factory reset’ and ‘wipe cache partition.’
7) Choose the advance option while wiping catch.
8) Now right from recovery mode go to “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
9) This will install CyanogenMod on you Samsung Galaxy S5 now you can repeat the same steps for Google Apps package.
10) In the end of both installations now you are done with CyanogenMod on you device. To complete the process just return to recovery and reboot your device.
Hopefully just after the reboot you will have the same Samsung Galaxy S5 with a complete new touch which you can farther enhance using the amazing features of CyanogenMod.