Why Jailbreak iOS 9.0 news is a pleasant surprise?
Apple has recently taken some aggressive actions to secure the iDevices and to continue the practice, it has made substantial efforts to stop the iOS Jailbreak especially after the iOS 8.0 release. Many of the iOS 8.0 versions were successfully jailbroken but Apple quickly released the patches to void the jailbreaks. When Apple launched the iOS 9.0 it was looking quite impossible to jailbreak the iOS 9 devices but all credit goes to Pangu team which made it possible again.
Although we saw the video flooding over internet of the jailbreak of iOS 9 even before the official release but it was a very limited version. Many believed that the Jailbreak era is near to an end and a team named ZERODIUM even announced $1 Million for the one who will jailbreak the iOS 9.
And then suddenly Pangu surprised everyone with releasing the Pangu 9 software which allows the iOS 9.0, iOS 9.0.1 and iOS 9.02 Jailbreak.
What devices does the Pangu 9 Jailbreak for iOS 9.0 supports?
You can currently jailbreak the iOS 9.0, iOS 9.0.1 and iOS 9.0.2 firmware of Apple for the iPhone and iPad using the Pangu 9 which currently works on Windows machines and does not support the Mac for now. If you are a Mac user, don’t worry, as we are going to show you sooner about jailbreaking the iOS 9 device using Mac with Pangu 9.0.
Right now the Pangu 9.0 supports all devices which support iOS 9 for Jailbreak. The list includes:
• iPhone 6S / iPhone 6S Plus / iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus / iPhone 5S / iPhone 5 / iPhone 4S
• iPad 4 / iPad 3 / iPad 2
• iPad Air 2 / iPad Air 1
• iPad Mini 4 / iPad Mini 3 / iPad Mini 2 / iPad Mini 1
• iPod Touch 6 / iPod Touch 5
Cydia Installer has been almost redesigned for iOS 9.0
If you don’t know much about Cydia, then let me explain it briefly. Cydia is like the App Store for the Jailbroken devices. Like You download and install different apps from the App Store on your iPhone or iPad. You use the Cydia to install the apps and Jailbreak tweaks on your Jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Below YouTube video explains the Cydia in good details.
In past many times we saw that the Pangu or Taiga released the Jailbreak for the iOS firmware but Cydia was not updated and compatible with that version. That used to cause trouble for the users who already had Jailbroken their device but could not proceed. But this time surprisingly the Cydia Installer has been completely redesigned and includes many new features to support the Pangu 9 Jailbreak for the iOS 9.0, iOS 9.0.1 and iOS 9.0.2.
This definitely means that both the Cydia and Pangu teams were in touch before the Pangu 9 release and Pangu announced the Pangu 9 release after the Cydia installer was ready for it.
Before you start Jailbreaking your iDevice running Over iOS 9 or iOS 9.0.1 or iOS 9.0.2
Now that you have some background of the iOS 9 Jailbreak history and you know that Cydia installer, which is the only way to keep updating your iPhone or iPad is already updated and compatible with Pangu 9, it is time to start Jailbreaking your device. Before you start the procedure, Make sure the following things:
1) Make a complete backup of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch you are going to jailbreak over iTunes or iCloud.
2) Install the latest version of iTunes on your machine.
1) As we discussed earlier, Pangu 9 is for now only available for Windows and not for Mac, so you will have to switch to Windows. We will tell you later about How to Jailbreak iOS 9 device using Pangu 9 on the Mac.
2) If you upgraded your iDevice to iOS 9 or later using the OTA update, the Pangu 9 will not work perfectly and give you errors later. So you better update your iOS 9 fresh using the iTunes.
How to Jailbreak iOS 9.0 – iOS 9.0.2 on Windows PC
Now we are ready to start the Jailbreak process for our iOS 9 device. Below are the steps required for the Jailbreaking of iOS 9.0- iOS 9.0.2 over Pangu 9
1) Go To settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and turn it off.
2) Go To Touch ID and Passcode and turn Passcode off.
3) Switch to the Airplane mode.
4) Download and install Pangu 9 from the Pangu website or try this fast download link.
5) Connect your iDevice to your PC and start the Pangu 9 software.
6) Once the Pangu 9 ver 1.0.0 is opened, there will be a single Start button on the screen. Click on that start button to begin the Jailbreak process.
7) Now that Jailbreak process has begun, it will reboot the device in the middle of the process. At that time it will ask you to unlock your device and ask to turn the Airplane Mode On again.
8) Keep following the instructions and shortly after couple of instructions it will give you the message ‘Jailbreak completed’.
Once you the Jailbreak completed message on your machine, go to your device and load the Cydia app. As soon as you are connected to the Cydia app, you can relax as the process of iOS 9 Jaibreak using the Pangu 9 was successful on your machine.
How to Jailbreak iOS 9.0 – iOS 9.0.2 on Mac
As we discussed earlier, the Pangu 9 is only available to install on Windows and is not available for Mac for now. If you are a Mac user and can access the Windows machine easily we will advise you to go that way. As a work around you should install the Parallels 11.0 on your Mac You can download the 14 day free trial version of Parallels 11.0 here. As a side note, Parallels lets you run Windows on your Mac machine without rebooting it.
Once you have downloaded and installed the Parallels on your Mac, now download and install Windows using Virtual Machine. Install the iTunes and connect your iDevice in Windows environment.
Now that you are able to successfully connected your iDevice to the Windows using Parallels, perform the above steps to Jailbreak your iOS 9 device.
Jailbreak Tweaks which are compatible for iDevices running over iOS 9/iOS 9.0.2
On one hand, we are happy to Jailbreak iOS 9 devices and we know that the Cydia installer is also compatible with Pangu 9, the next question raises is what Jailbreak tweaks will work over iOS 9 device and which will not. You can find the complete list of Jailbreak tweaks which are working and support iOS 9 and that list also includes the tweaks that are not supported yet. Unfortunately some of the popular Jailbreak tweaks are not supported yet.